Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Greatest Fear


Just as the fear I voiced in my first posting, I have not posted in months.  Self-fulfilling prophesy?  So, what happened?  Life, I guess.  That night, the night after my first post, my cousin was involved in a life changing car accident.  Andrew Benedict was in a terrible accident that took many of us on a roller coaster ride of emotions. He has overcome many of his challenges, and is now fairly stable, but he is paralyzed from the neck down.  He may never get off a ventilator.  He is facing a completely dependent existence.  

After beginning to move through the stages of grief, my dear, sweet friend, Nancy, lost her only son in a car accident. It is tragic, unfair and unimaginable.  At this point the only thing I can say is WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS PEOPLE!!!  Both Drew and Spencer were not wearing their seatbelts and both had major spinal injury. 

All of these serious life happenings serves as a reminder to the rest of us how mortal we are.  As an artist I am constantly battling fear and doubt.  A new year, a new urgency maybe, but I’m ready to battle those fears and make art, and to make a life, making art. 

No comments:

Post a Comment