Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hubby's Birthday

The beloved husband's birthday was this weekend.  He requests a feast every year and I lovingly oblige.  This year, we kept going on mini-adventures, so all I've really made him is the birthday cake.  Jack is obsessed with birthday cakes and singing Happy Birthday and blowing out candles.  He draws cakes in his notebooks and then we sing the song and he blows the candle out.  It is cute and funny.  I almost fell over during the blowing out of the candles.  I carried the cake out and was singing to Matt, at the end., Jack was coming at me to help blow out the Candles.  I was kind of half crouched, knees bent. Matt wasn't intervening in any way, so I fell back on my bum to keep Jack from burning his eyebrows off. Probably would have made a good You Tube Video!

We took Jack to his first movie today.  We went to see Rango at a nearby cheap theater, so that if he didn't make it through, we could leave without feeling like we wasted a lot of money.  The theater was pretty packed since it is opening weekend. He sat well for about the first hour and then got antsy and started asking if we could go home now.  Pretty good for 2 yrs. 4 months.  Sometimes I forget the little man is so young still!


Tomorrow my long time stylist is coming to the house to cut Jack's hair.  He has had major meltdowns the last two times.  The two times before that were perfect without a single tear.  I hope he can get used to Karen and be comfortable in the salon again.  I'll keep you posted...oh yeah, and maybe I'll finally make my hubby's yummy birthday dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment