Friday, March 11, 2011

I wasn't always old and boring: Flashback Fridays

As seen here, I got my hair dyed yesterday.  My lovely older sister is going to school to be a cosmetologist and it's good for her to get practice doing all sorts of things.  Unfortunately for her, I just wanted to get my grays covered.  She says I'm the highest maintenance low-maintenance person she knows.  I just don't have the time, money, or effort to keep up highlights.

Well, back in the day, I had fun hair. I am participating in Christopher and Tia's Flashback Fridays
 Top Photo: Gypsy, Jaime and I having a fun night with the neighbors (I'm sure) on Pierce Ave. Our first Chicago apartment.
Middle Photo: Glamour shot of my with the blonde hair.  I had highlights at the end of Freshman year (1999) and then paid big money to get the blonde filled in and re-dyed.  Within a week of being back in Chicago for Sophomore year, I went all the way blonde.  It was a lot of fun, but a lot of up-keep!
Bottom Photo: My U-Pass-the cheap way to travel the CTA as a student.  I looked like an evil demon in the pic...my eyes were crazy!

Such great times and good memories on Pierce, in Chicago, and as a Blonde :)

1 comment:

  1. Being blond is something that I always always wanted to do, and then when I fiiiinally got through all of the awful bleaching and damage- it just looked so wrong on me. It washed me out and I ended up coloring over it a few weeks later. It took me 6 bleaches to get it as blond as I had, and I wasted all of it, haha.

    You looked good as a blond. Very natural looking.

    ReplyDelete