Friday, March 25, 2011

The Sun Fried My Brain!!!

When I was in second grade, I won a Golden Apple Award. I don't remember what I did...or even what happened to the award.  It was some big deal that someone had nominated me to receive.  What I remember is the local newspaper came and took my picture.  I'm pretty sure I probably argued with my mom about dressing myself.  I'm also pretty certain I (and especially my mother)didn't know I'd be getting my picture taken that day. It also appears I forgot to brush my lovely permed hair...which would not be a surprise to me.  I also remember it was very bright and they had me looking into the sun.  So, this was the picture in the local news to celebrate my great accomplishment (that I can't remember)

In true Rika fashion, I always slept (and continue to sleep) until the last minute possible.  Even this morning as Jack woke up and wanted to know where Daddy was and couldn't possibly walk to the bathroom where he was showering without me, I protested and tried to stay in bed.  After I convinced him that he would be okay in the bathroom with Daddy and without Mommy.  I then proceeded to climb into bed when my alarm would be going off in 3 minutes.  I need those extra 3 minutes darn it.

So, the moral of the story is--always look your best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment