Friday, April 8, 2011

Flashback Friday: Long before the Terrible twos

My sweet baby Jack at 3 months old.  Gone are they days of him being immobile.  What is it about us that makes us always want the next step?  When they can't crawl we want them to, then we want them to walk, and run, and talk.  Then we wonder why we didn't enjoy them being cute little buggers that would just happily lay there.

Now we have entered the Terrible Twos and he is wanting independence and Jack's rules, not Momma's rules! We had quite the morning today.  He doesn't like when he wakes up after Daddy has already left for work.  It always throws him off.  So, we had a temper tantrum and time out before 8am.  In the morning this usually infuriates me, but today I was uncharacteristically calm.  I usually try to get us out the door by 8:20 so that I can get him to daycare and then myself to work with plenty of time to prepare us both.  Today, I just said who cares.  There is nothing that I HAVE to do before work, so we slowed it down and got ourselves ready for the day in our own time(and still managed to make it everywhere on time).  Even when he drives me crazy, I love my little bugger and am so grateful for every moment I have with him.








Weekend Bloggy Reading

2 comments:

  1. The twos can be challenging, but if no one has warned you yet, watch out for the threes ;) I wish someone had told me about those with my first one! But along with the challenges are so many sweet moments too, so just keep those in mind when fending off tantrums :)

    Glad to have found you via Serenity Now!
    ~meri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to teach preschool, so I am familiar with the threes. It's always different when it's your own kid though! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete