Friday, April 29, 2011

Flashback Fridays: Prom

In honor of my step-daughter going to prom this weekend I thought I'd post some of my old prom pictures.  Here are me and the girls at our Junior Prom.

Lori, Kristin, Melissa, Jen, Me and Danielle


Senior prom
Melissa and I (I'm so pale)


Kristin and Joey...married for 10 years

The boys

Melissa and Lori getting down



Seems like prom isn't what is used to be. We raised a ton of money and rented a hotel "ballroom" and had them supply a buffet meal.  Then we had after prom at a local university that we rented out.  Now the kids get around and then go out to eat...where ever.  Then they go back to the school and have the dance until midnight.  After prom is then at the school from 12-3am.  That, to me, doesn't make any sense.  Isn't the point of after prom to keep kids from being out in the middle of the night?  Isn't it illegal for kids to drive at 3am?  Why are they not keeping them until 6-7am and serving breakfast? So, the dear, sweet hubby will be getting up in the middle of the night to go pick up Cara at 3am.  LAME!

I'm sure despite all the changes...she will have a wonderful time.

Don't forget to visit for the Flashback Friday

2 comments:

  1. How great are these pics! Looks like so much fun. :) Hope your step daughter has an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never got to go to prom! No one asked me and all my friends had dates :( Is that awful! Too bad Im way cool now. Suckers!

    On another note. What the hell is up with that 3am stuff? Id be furious!!

    ReplyDelete